Mr. Bellenghi is a graduate of the University of the District of Columbia School of Law and Georgetown University. While in law school, he interned with Justice Rita Davidson on the Maryland Court of Appeals, that state’s highest court. Upon graduation, Mr. Bellenghi served as a law clerk for Judge Jean Dwyer at the United States District Court for the District of Columbia.
Mr. Bellenghi specializes in trial and appellate law. He has tried and pursued appeals of various cases in local and federal courts in California, the District of Columbia, New York and Connecticut. His areas of expertise include labor and employment, union management relations, probate, contract interpretation, torts, specifically catastrophic personal injury, libel and slander, and intra church disputes. Mr Bellenghi also has represented clients in labor arbitrations, contract negotiations and before federal and state regulatory agencies, including the National Labor Relations Board, Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, United States Department of Labor, the California Department of Fair Employment and Housing and the California Division of Labor Standards Enforcement.
Mr. Bellenghi is a former court appointed arbitrator for the Los Angeles County Superior Court as well as a former Judge Pro Tem for the Los Angeles Municipal Court. He is a former President of the Italian American Lawyers Association and fluent in both Italian and Spanish.
- United States District Courts for the Central, Northern, Southern and Eastern Districts of California
- United States Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit
District of Columbia
- United States District Court for the District of Columbia
- United States Court of Appeals for the D.C Circuit
- United States District Court for the District of Connecticut
- United States Court of Appeals for the 2nd Circuit