If you have been injured in an accident in California due to someone else’s negligence, it is important to know your rights.
In this blog, we will provide you with a complete guide on the process of filing personal injury legal actions in California, so that you can get the maximum compensation for your case.
- Seek medical attention fast: The first thing you should do is seek medical attention, in addition to taking care of your health, it is also essential to have detailed medical records that support your side of the story.
- Gather evidence: This can include photographs of the accident site, witness testimony, police reports, and medical records. The more evidence you have about the accident, the more weight your case will carry.
- Identify the person responsible: Determine who is the party responsible for you having suffered the accident, identifying the responsible party is crucial to direct your claim to the correct person.
- Consult with a specialized personal injury attorney: It is highly recommended that you consult with a specialized personal injury attorney so that they can evaluate your case, guide you through the process, and help you receive the compensation you deserve for all the damage caused.
- Filing an insurance claim: Your attorney will help you prepare a complete claim to obtain maximum compensation from the insurance. In this claim, the detail of the damages suffered as a result of the accident is sent to the insurance company of the responsible party.
- Negotiate the case: The attorney negotiates with the insurance company and will seek a fair settlement. If a satisfactory agreement is not reached, your lawyer can take your case to court and represent you in court.
Remember that each case is unique and there may be additional steps that we may have missed. It is always best to seek legal advice for these types of situations.
At Lipeles, we are here to protect your rights and provide you with the representation you deserve. Contact us today to schedule a free consultation.