Employment discrimination is a sad reality that should not exist in any workplace. Knowing the different types of discrimination is the first step to combat it and promote fair and equitable work environments.
Here are some types of employment discrimination:
- Gender discrimination: We all deserve the same opportunities and working conditions, regardless of our gender. This type of discrimination continues to be exercised mainly against women due to the unjustified fear that some employers will become pregnant or not comply in the same way as their peers for having small children.
- Racial Discrimination: Discrimination based on race or ethnic origin is unacceptable. Unfortunately, it is something that continues to occur despite the great cultural diversity in the United States. No one should be treated unfavorably because of their skin color, nationality, or cultural heritage.
- Age Discrimination: Age discrimination occurs when someone is treated unfairly or is not considered for a job just because of their age; this type of discrimination is more common towards older people.
- Disability Discrimination: Differently-abled people have the right to be treated equally and with respect in the workplace. Many times, people with a disability face the difficulty of finding a job because of their disability.
- Sexual Orientation Discrimination: Everyone deserves to be treated with dignity and respect, regardless of their sexual orientation. Discrimination based on sexual orientation goes against the principles of equality and justice.
At Lipeles, we are committed to fighting for environments free of employment discrimination. If you have been the victim of discrimination at work, we are here to protect your employment rights.
We are on your side! Contact us to get the legal support you need.