Is your employer not paying you fairly? You may have grounds to file a wage and hour dispute

Share Post:

California workers are protected by state and federal laws requiring employers to pay workers all wages they are entitled to. If your employer is not paying you the wages you are entitled to, you may have grounds to file a wage and hour dispute. Not sure where to start? Lipeles Law Group is here to help.


What is a Wage and Hour Dispute?

A wage and hour dispute is a claim that workers can file with California’s Division of Labor Standards Enforcement. Workers can file wage and hour claims related to:

  • Withheld wages
  • Failure to pay you overtime
  • Failure to meet minimum wage requirements
  • Misclassifying you to pay you less
  • You are not paid for all services rendered
  • Paid leave or benefits are not upheld
  • Business expenses are not reimbursed appropriately  


If you have experienced one of these issues and have brought it to your employer’s attention with no resolution, you need to get legal guidance. You may have grounds to file a wage and hour claim with the Division of Labor Standards Enforcement, which can help you get the wages you are owed. 


Get Help from an Employment Law Attorney

Filing a claim against your employer is a stressful situation. But as an employee in California, you do have rights. If you aren’t sure about what to do or about the process itself, Lipeles Law Group can help. 

Working with an employment law attorney can help you protect your rights and get a resolution in the best way possible. An employment law attorney will discuss all of your options, including negotiating with the employer, filing a wage and hour claim, or filing a lawsuit. We will also discuss the costs and benefits of each of your options, so you know what to expect.  

One of the most significant benefits of working with Lipeles Law Group is having a legal professional on your side as you protect your rights and seek the wages you legally deserve. You are not alone! Call us to learn more at 877-812-1085.

Stay Connected

More Updates